Every one has a gift for something, even if it is the gift of being a good friend.
Marian Anderson

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December Daily 2011 - Days 5 - 8

Last year I put together these  Ali Edwards' Advent Action Cards for the girls. Every morning they'd wake up super excited to see what "action" they were gonna' get to do. Unfortunately I couldn't find them this  year, so I decided to dedicate day 5 to an Advent Action List. As the girls complete an action, they get to put their initial, in the circle, next to it on the list.

Here's my layout for Day 5:



Here's a closer look at the left page


I love Eddie Bauer and I loved that the tag was green, so I popped it in! The envelope says "Letters to Santa". The letters have yet to be written - hopefully this weekend.


I'm really having fun going through my stash to find goodies for the pocket pages.


It's hard to see, but the title says " Our Advent Action List". Hopefully we'll knock out a couple of these over the weekend.



For Day 6, I did a layout of the girls doing their homework






I've been wanting to do a layout about the girls doing their homework for a while now.  They're pretty good at getting to it and I wanted to have such an ordinary everyday activity documented.



They love reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but they only have Book 1. Maybe Santa will get them some of the other books in the series ;)




My spread for Day 7 is about Tristynn's second grade field trip to the fish hatchery





I'm so glad I was able to go. We learned a lot of interesting facts about Chinook Salmon - such as females on average lay 5,000 eggs and, in the wild, only 1 - 2 out of 1,000 alevin make it to adulthood. Thanks to the fish hatcheries, these salmon have come back from near extinction (sorry, the Biologist in me comes out every once in a while! lol). All in all, it was a fun little outing - Tristynn was so happy to have me there and I enjoyed not having to drive, for once, and being able to ride the bus!




 And last but not least here's my layout for Day 8 - Photos with Santa



The full spread


Originally I was planning on die cutting this canvas material into a star or some other shape, but then decided instead to stamp my girls' initials and go from there. I stitched around the T and sewed on the buttons with baker's twine.


On this side, I omitted the stitching since the red ink stood out just fine. 


I sprayed the overlay with Mister Huey's color mist in Holly Berry and framed the photos and journaling with Authentique Diction stickers, both of which came in the DD Studio Calico Kit. 


Well there it is, for the next hour or so, I'm officially caught up! I hope not to get so behind again. I'm so having fun with this project and hope you are too.


Until next time.... Happy Scrappin',
Denise













2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Love your DD! Especially the canvas material and the stitching on the pockets-love the idea of searching through my stash to fill them up-Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina! Just trying to have fun with my DD. I can tell you are :)

    ReplyDelete