Every one has a gift for something, even if it is the gift of being a good friend.
Marian Anderson

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December Daily 2011 - Days 16 - 20

I can't believe this week is going by so quickly and that Christmas is just around the corner!  The girls are on Christmas vacation and we've been hanging out. Our  TV is now, more than ever, permanently stationed on the Disney Channel. Every time there's a commercial on, the girls get up and dance - I'm so glad they're getting their wiggles out.

I'm happy to report that, for the time being, I'm caught up with my DD....kudos for that!



Here's Day 16


We went to go see Scrooge with our friends - it's become such a nice tradition


 a picture of the girls with one of the cast members - he made the girls laugh during and after the show


Here's the other side of the layout. I included the ticket and a couple of photos of the theatre.




Day 17


No pictures on this spread. Instead, I decided to pass on some valuable advice that was given to me, by my mom, back in the day. I jotted down some verses of the book of Proverbs. The red letters spell their names.


This side had Dreidynn's name 


and this one has Tristynn's. 




Day 18



No photos in this layout either. The girls and I each wrote down some of our favorite things about the holiday season


I cut strips from patterned paper and wrote right on them


I'm really liking the word stickers that came in the Studio Calico Kit - I've been using them quite a bit and I'm not even close to running out.




Day 19


I'm not quite done with this spread. It was Tim's birthday, so I included pictures of him with the girls. We weren't able to celebrate his birthday because he had to go out of town for the week, due to work, but as soon as he gets back the girls plan on making him a cake - Tristynn was gathering birthday candles for him earlier today.


Tristynn and Daddy






Day 20



On this day the girls saw their emailed video from Santa at his Portable North Pole


Dreidynn was all smiles during the video. She knows she's on the nice list...


... and here is the left page - Tristynn was hesitant to watch the video - she was worried about being on the naughty list. She says she was "...very, very, very, nervous!" She did make the nice list this year...barely!



Here's the back side of the pocket page. I've loved incorporating these, they're so fun.



There are just five more days left on this project - so glad I'm doing it. I may do the whole month - not quite sure yet - it depends on how I feel on the 25th. Either way, it's been fun. Hope you're enjoying it too :)

Happy Scrappin',

Denise













1 comment:

  1. Yes i enjoy it !!! I love the way you write your journaling, and the faces of your children with the PNP ... What a good idea, isn't it ???
    Kisses from France

    ReplyDelete