Every one has a gift for something, even if it is the gift of being a good friend.
Marian Anderson

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December Daily 2011 - Days 11 - 13

Yes... I've gotten a little behind on my DD. Not being able to print out my photos at home isn't very conducive to keeping this slow scrapper caught up. No complaints though - I just have to figure out how to get Costco to deliver my photos, from the previous day, bright and early every morning! (insert wink, chuckle, and magic wand! lol)

Here is my layout for Day 11


We went on a little train ride and found Santa there



I wanted to include more photos so I added a piece of card stock to my transparency, loved this in Ali's DD, I'd wanted to sew it, but had already adhered the photo on the back. 


This is the back of the transparency page and one of my favorite photos of Tristynn - it captures HER. She's a very curious little girl - I know how tempted she was to go take a peek.... so glad she didn't!


We were at the very end of the train, so we got to see Santa as he came in. I was ready with my camera to catch the look on Dreidynn's face when she first saw him! Good times.



Here's the spread of Day 12



I don't scrap digitally, but wanted a collage-like photo of our Christmas decorations, so I ordered an 8 x 10 collage from Costco. Fortunately they were aligned nicely so I just trimmed this photo strip and have the other thinner strip for a different day.


Last year I printed these Christmas boxes on vellum - I think they were either a freebie from Ali Edwards or I got them at Designer Digitals.... either way, I LOVE them. I'm really thinking about getting the stamp set at Technique Tuesday.



I pulled out the ol' clunky typewriter to record some of the things that I'm loving right now. I love the photos, but it's nice to add something a little different here and there.



And last, but not least, here is a look at my unfinished layout of Day 13



It's of my eldest daughter's bday. Hard to believe my big girl is 26! I'll probably journal around the photos or frame them with sticker words. Also, I need to add a 26 somewhere in there.



I'm heading off to Bunco - then a run to Costco to pick up those photos that weren't here bright and early this morning! 

Happy Saturday and Happy Scrappin',

Denise







2 comments:

  1. Like the joy in your last picture !
    Kisses from France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, so beautiful album and moments.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete